Saturday, July 27, 2013

Best Intentions

  I really thought I could blog about our life in Paris on a daily basis.  Truthfully, that requires more discipline than I have.  I've been exploring our neighborhood by foot (the best way to see it) and eating my way through 400 plus varieties of cheese (purely research).
  I am on a daily adventure the minute I step outside our ornate and heavy doors.  I love my life here and I'm so grateful for this opportunity.


 
    A few steps from our apartment, we can take the Metro and be anywhere in Paris in a few minutes.  While it's convenient, once you get the hang of it, you're underground.  Granted, some of the stops are pretty amazing but all the action is above ground.
  Today we drove ("we" meaning "my husband") to the huge British book store, W.H. Smith.  We opted to do this just to see how bad traffic and parking could be on a Saturday in Paris.  Many people are on holiday and away from the city now.
  I've seen worse when it comes to traffic while in Boston or LA.  As for parking, Mark found a spot just around the corner from the bookstore.
  What a visual feast to see the monuments!  I was chattering away like a mynah bird as my husband was trying to concentrate on his driving.
  We have a lot more exploring to do, whether it's by car, bus or by walking.  We'll wait until the temperatures aren't in the 90's to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment