Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Doing it All Can't be Done

  I'm glad I have an iPhone and can take advantage of its camera because I dislike lugging a big camera around.

  I confess that don't really like taking photographs.
  1) Whatever I'd like to photograph has already been done, and by professionals.
  2) Whenever I take a photo of something, I always feel "removed" from it.  Something is between me and my actual experience.

  But I do buy some postcards because
  1) somebody caught whatever the subject was, better than I could
  2) and they may have a more interesting angle
  3) and they're likely not to have throngs of camera toting tourists clogging up the scene.

  On some trips I just don't have the time to sit and do a thorough entry.  I WANT TO BE IN THE EXPERIENCE, not just recording it.  So I'll glue a favorite postcard, write down a few facts and my  impressions and then do a very quick sketch.

  That's how I feel like I really saw and experienced something.

Le Chat Noir-seen everywhere and on everything.
I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment